Monochrome Cool is primarily a lifestyle blog .You can find beauty and styling tips and reviews as well as the occasional food recipe.

26 June 2014

Tourist For A Day: Brighton

Until last weekend, I had never been to Brighton but now that I have there’s sure to be regular visits preferably lasting more than a day. I went up to Brighton with my mum on Sunday and with just one day to spare we wanted to visit all the ‘touristy’ spots. With our extensive “research”, a plan of attack and my sometimes unreliable Google Maps app we arrived at Brighton station around 11am on Sunday.
Our first stop was a lengthy tour of the Royal Pavilion, this was my mum’s suggestion and with a bit of a history lesson it was right up her alley. With the help of an audio guide we were led through the extravagant former seaside retreat of George IV. My mum was both fascinated by the Indo-Saracenic exterior and the oriental interior (that's Indian exterior and Chinese interior to you and me) and how everything had been so intricately persevered. We of course lost track of time and by the end of it we agreed it was time for lunch.
We stepped into Bills which was a short walk away for lunch, I’ve heard a lot about it but never visited (I believe they have a London branch). I was so excited for the food to come out to come out that I forgot to take pictures (that’s just how excited I get around food). I got a Bill’s burger with guacamole and skinny fries. Verdict? Delicious. With our bellies stuffed my mum and I decided to walk it of and do a bit of window shopping on the North Laines. With its vibrant little shops and cafes we stopped several times to  admire the bits and bobs on display. Of course our plan to window shop went downhill when we spotted the cutest home ware shop called Berts, I bought a lovely set of plates and bowls. We spotted a Photo Booth in a shop called Snoopers Paradise and took some pictures for keepsake. 
And of course we couldn't visit Brighton without stopping at its famous pier and pebbly beach. We strolled on the pier a little while before we made our way down to the beach and proceeded to hire deck chairs and buy some ice-cream. With the perfect end to an adventure packed day, we claimed a spot close to the waters edge with our feet in the cool water. We must have sat there until the sun went down, I love spending time with my mum and Brighton was the perfect girls day out. 
                                                 
                                                           What do you plan on getting up to this weekend?
                                                                             Leave a Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment