Monochrome Cool is primarily a lifestyle blog .You can find beauty and styling tips and reviews as well as the occasional food recipe.

12 March 2014

Leftovers in Brixton Village


After some vicious elbowing, I have finally managed to grab a stool in Federation Coffee. I am in heaven right now with my Flat White and chocolate cheesecake brownie but this post isn't about my addiction to brownies and good coffee (more on that later). This post is all about a pocket sized shop called Leftovers which happens to be a one stop shop for antique fashions and exquisite vintage finds. Think pre-fifties clothing, lace, unbelievable intricacy, victorian frocks, woollen jumpers and as though that wasn't good enough, fair prices.


What I love about this place is how every piece feels like it has been handpicked, you can just tell that a lot of time and effort has gone into deciding what exactly is in the shop. Leftovers is also perfect if you're looking for one-off pieces for wardrobe, you can make a plain black dress your own by picking up a collar and sewing it on. Who doesn't love a bit of DIY? So if you're in Brixton head over to Leftovers and if you're not it's definitely worth the detour.




                                                                                           Where to Find Leftovers?                                                                   
                                                                          Unit 71 Brixton Village, London SW9 8PS                                                  
                                                                                                        Website 
                                                                                                       Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Cute shop! Did you buy anything from Leftovers? Lovely blog by the way! Peace & Love xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment. Unfortunately, I didn't but I will definitely be going back to get my hands on a dress I saw. I popped over to your blog and your recipes look so yummy!

      Delete
  2. Anastasia Litvinova18 March 2014 at 10:22

    It looks so quaint, great post! I was wondering which camera you used, your pictures look really nice and artistic. LOVE your indie style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I use the Sony Cybershot RX100 (lovely birthday present from my dad).

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the post ! the pictures are great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :), it was my pleasure. It's a really lovely stop.

      Delete